Varied Thrush / Debra Regula / Great Backyard Bird Count
Seattle Audubon continues to monitor public health guidelines as they affect our activities. We will continue to evaluate as new information becomes available. (Resources are listed at the end of this document.)
Contact information for the relevant staff is listed for each activity, if you have further questions or concerns. Seattle Audubon is also following recommendations for employers, and staff are working from home (Staff Directory). Through this challenging time in our community, we encourage everyone to act with kindness and compassion, and to support those in the community who most need our collective actions to help reduce the spread of this disease.
Check the Calendar for classes and events that have moved online.
- Volunteers identified by public health officials as being at higher risk of complications from COVID-19, should stay home. This includes people:
- Over 65 years old
- People with underlying health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- People who have weakened immune systems
- People who are pregnant
- Seattle Audubon has suspended in-person volunteer opportunities for the time being.
- Committee meetings continue to occur virtually.
- Contact: Wendy Walker, Community Engagement Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nature Shop
Suspended or Cancelled Activities
The following activities have been cancelled or temporarily suspended. Check the Calendar for other ways to stay engaged with our mission for birds.
- Field Trips and Neighborhood Bird Walks
- 2020-2021 Puget Sound Seabird Survey Season
- Neighborhood Bird Project Surveys
We encourage everyone to keep informed of developments, as this situation is constantly evolving. Seattle Audubon will continue to follow and adhere to recommendations issued by the CDC and/or Public Health — Seattle & King County. Any changes to our programs and activities will be posted on our website, www.seattleaudubon.org. General inquires made to the Seattle Audubon Nature Shop phone line at (206) 523-4483 or email@example.com will be checked periodically. Please allow for a delay in response.
Washington State Coronavirus Response: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/
Public Health — Seattle & King County updates: www.publichealthinsider.com
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html