Volunteer-powered since 1916
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Seattle Audubon! Volunteers are the heart of Seattle Audubon and have worked tirelessly for birds and nature since our founding in 1916.
How Do I Volunteer?
Start by completing a volunteer registration.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
Tracking Volunteer Hours
Volunteer time is one of Seattle Audubon’s essential assets. We use your self-reported hours both to understand what programs are accomplishing and to project what support would be needed to launch a new effort.
Volunteer hours are self-reported twice a year.
- Please submit hours to the Community Engagement Manager for hours accumulated between January 1-June 30 by July 15 and for July 1-December 31 by January 15 each year.
- Please include the total hours given to each program area in which you volunteer.
- Hours may be submitted using a Volunteer Hours Tracking Form, by detailed email, or by phone to 206-523-8243 x110.
January 1- June 30
Nature Shop: 24 hours
Neighborhood Bird Project: 10 hours
Classes Committee: 6 hours
- Travel time to and from your volunteer job may be included as volunteer hours.
- (Note: Master Birder students should track hours given between enrollment and the end of the program separately, per instructions from the Master Birder coordinator.)
Seattle Audubon is not currently able to host interns.
Employer Matching Funds
Does your employer have a Matching Funds Program for your volunteer service in the community?
Employer matching gift programs are an easy way to instantly increase the impact of your gift of volunteer time to Seattle Audubon. Please contact your employer’s human resources department to find out if your volunteer hours are matched. Contact Seattle Audubon’s Development Department at (206) 523-8243 x 105 to complete the process.