Black-Bellied Plover / Walker Golder / Audubon Photography Awards
Volunteer With Us!
Join the Seattle Audubon volunteer community! We provide the power to Seattle Audubon’s programs, and have fun doing it.
For general volunteer interest, start today by completing our online volunteer application. Your email confirmation will contain a link to schedule a phone call with our Community Engagement Manager. Conversations with prospective volunteers other than board candidates are on pause until August 1, 2021 but you are welcome to schedule for after that date.
Seattle Audubon is committed to understanding and reducing the risk of bird window collisions in Seattle. We’re developing a long-term research study to help us understand where, when, and why bird window collisions occur and what we can do to prevent them.
Bird window collisions are understudied in the Pacific Northwest. This new program will be one of the first of its kind in Washington. And we’ll need your help to get it off the ground!
Join us in July for either of two online information sessions to learn more.
Friday, July 23 @ 12–1:00 p.m. REGISTER HERE
Wednesday, July 28 @ 6–7:00 p.m. REGISTER HERE
Highlights of the project:
- The first monitoring period will be September 1 – October 31, 2021.
- Monitors will sign up to cover a route once a week, on the same day of the week, for eight weeks.
- Buildings included in this initial pilot phase of the study are being finalized this month; pilot monitoring sites will likely be in Seattle Center or the Capitol/First Hill area.
- The information session will cover the monitoring protocol and answer common questions about building access, data submission, handling dead or injured birds, etc.
These info sessions will cover the same material. You only need to sign up for one.
Can’t attend, but want to learn more? Register anyway, and receive a recording of one of the info sessions.
Seattle Audubon Board of Directors
Seattle Audubon’s Board of Directors has opportunities for new members. Join us to support our mission to advocate and organize for cities where people and birds thrive.
Seattle Audubon is currently seeking individuals to serve on the volunteer board with a specific background in financial management, communications, IT infrastructure, human resources, and/or conservation.
How to Apply
Seattle Audubon’s Governance Committee, chaired by the Board Vice President, is charged with the recruitment and nomination of new members to the Board of Directors. To apply:
- Review the full position description.
- Please complete an online volunteer application (if you do not already have an application on file with Seattle Audubon) and endorse your interest in serving on the Board of Directors.
- Also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a brief statement of interest and attaching a resume or CV. Alternatively, these documents may be submitted via postal mail to Seattle Audubon, 8050 35th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115.